Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Lending Remove Operations
article thumbnail

Banks and CDFIs: Partnering for community impact

Abrigo

And to thrive, those customers need economically diverse and healthy communities in which to live and work. Partnering with local organizations to promote the health of those communities is often a top priority for banks. communities where capital tends to be scarce.

Community 246
article thumbnail

Community Banks Embrace Faster Payments’ Competitive Edge

PYMNTS

Community banks are pushing for a stronger role with their small business (SMB) customers. However, through an embrace of FinTech collaboration and industry consolidation, community banks appear poised to further dispel assumptions of a lack of digitization. has dropped from 8,000 in 2004 to about 5,400 in 2018.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What #Banking Trend Will Have the Greatest Impact on Your Bank?

Jeff For Banks

And then what happened in 2004-06 happened again. Such as direct lending funds, and insurance companies. Shadow Banking refers to banking-like operations that take place outside of the mainstream banking industry. and 53% indirect costs: operations, IT, human resources, etc. Office buildings are emptying around the U.S.,

article thumbnail

Why Banks Merge: Listen to the Sellers

Jeff For Banks

September 2004, driving from a meeting in New York, on the grossly miss-titled Cross Bronx Expressway, Nathan Stovall, a reporter from SNL Financial gave me a call. The question: What was up with an upstate New York bank? My answer: The CEO was 67 years old and that would obviously be an impetus for a sale. He printed it as I said it.

article thumbnail

Springboard to Excellence

Independent Banker

imberly Anderson, senior vice president and chief administrative officer of Cañon National Bank in southern Colorado, became her community bank’s loan compliance officer in 2003. In early 2004, examiners visited her $253 million-asset bank, an experience that revealed a need—someone with a stronger compliance background. “I By Ed Avis.

article thumbnail

Banking's Top 5 in Total Return to Shareholders: 2019 Edition

Jeff For Banks

billion in assets community bank with 22 branches that encircle the Seattle Sound. But in 2004 they converted to a mutual savings bank, and then in 2012 converted to shareholder owned. Founded in 1980, Plumas Bank is a full-service community bank headquartered in Quincy in Northeastern California. First Capital, Inc.

Indiana 78
article thumbnail

Improving Customer Experience Through Digital Reinvention

Insights on Business

And Blockbuster, which in 2004 had about 60,000 employees and more than 8,000 stores, was in bankruptcy by 2010 because Netflix and other on-demand video providers figured out how to deliver a much more convenient and rewarding experience. Many major hotel chains are aware that their market valuation has been eclipsed by Airbnb.