Remove banker-to-banker-sign-up
article thumbnail

The Current Banking Crisis – 10 Not So Apparent Lessons

South State Correspondent

This article highlights ten not-so-evident lessons of the banking crisis that every banker must consider going forward. Percentage of Uninsured Deposits: At the time of failure, SVB had approximately 88% of their deposits above the FDIC-insured $250k limit and ran at 95% at the end of last year.

article thumbnail

Banks Push Back On Possible Banking Charters For Big Techs Like Amazon And Facebook

PYMNTS

Co-signed by the American Bankers Association, Bank Policy Institute, Independent Community Bankers of America and The Clearing House, the letter argues that banks and non-bank technology firms are both already embracing innovation in customer service offerings. FDIC), the states and the courts.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

FDIC cautions of increasing credit, interest-rate risks

Abrigo

Add FDIC Chairman Martin J. In prepared remarks for the release of the FDIC’s third-quarter version of the Quarterly Banking Profile , Gruenberg said growing interest-rate risk and credit risk warrant “timely attention” by banks and will “continue to be a focus of supervisory attention.” percent from 3.07

FDIC 150
article thumbnail

Community Banking According to Andy

Jeff For Banks

2/ @Schornack The primary asset of the organization was Flagship Bank Minnesota, a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender with two locations in the Twin Cities Metro Area. In June 2021, we were up to six locations, $327.6 In 2021, we are up to over $70 million, mostly investment properties. I suggest following Andy on Twitter.

article thumbnail

A Time of Reckoning for Your Bank's Core Deposits?

Jeff For Banks

So worries New Jersey Banker's Association CEO John McWeeney since state-owned bank advocate Phil Murphy was elected governor. The state's municipal deposits approximate $20 billion , $13 billion of which are in community banks. FDIC insured. But they have over 76,000 customers that signed up already. By default.

FDIC 60
article thumbnail

Banking's Top 5 Total Return to Shareholders: 2022 Edition

Jeff For Banks

I call this "pulling into the pits" in my book: Squared Away-How Can Bankers Succeed as Economic First Responders. And I am weary of the persistent "get big or get out" mentality of many industry pundits. If their platitudes about scale are correct, then the largest FIs should logically demonstrate better shareholder returns, right?

article thumbnail

Banker Quotes: As Told to Me v7

Jeff For Banks

I learn a lot from bankers and industry experts as I visit their offices, speak to them on the phone or at industry events. Since I estimate my Twitter community only reads about 10% of their tweet stream, and so many of my blog readers do not follow Twitter, below are selected quotes that I tweeted since version 6.