Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Massachusetts Remove National
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Supports Community Entrepreneurs Amid Pandemic

PYMNTS

Quite the contrary,” says Bob Brennan, chairman of the National Expansion Council and one of the directors of a nonprofit organization called Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) based in Boston, Massachusetts. “I It stands to reason that hopelessness – or at least a plan B – would start to set in. And what is that model?

Community 148
article thumbnail

Data Dive, Go Big Edition: Apple, Amazon And CloudKitchens

PYMNTS

According to reports last week, Amazon will soon be heading to Boston to construct a $40 million state-of-the-art robotics innovation hub. The 350,000-square-foot facility is planned for Westborough, Massachusetts, a community roughly 35 miles west of Boston. Amazon’s Big Robotics Investment .

Apple 101
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Case For Localizing Mom-And-Pop Investment

PYMNTS

Exploring the importance of the small business through the lens of its immediate community is a critical component of promoting education among entrepreneurs. According to Mathews, MainVest aims to encourage local investors to invest in businesses of their own community. This is beneficial in more ways than one, he noted.

Capital 145
article thumbnail

Bringing The Farmers Market Online With Apps

PYMNTS

It offers delivery or convenient pickup locations in the community as it has partnerships with breweries, libraries and workplaces. At the same time, Tortora noted the technology has been adopted by farmers markets nationally (the company white labels its product as well). There is not a lot of noise like in Boston and New York.

article thumbnail

How Darwinian Thinking Keeps Ice Cream Shop Afloat In Off-Season

PYMNTS

Petryk, who said he was bullied ruthlessly as a kid from the third grade to high school, views his chain of Boston-based ice cream stores as safe havens that he wants to share with his community. “I The first store opened in Boston’s Jamaica Plain neighborhood (hence the initials J.P.), I was always a weirdo,” said Petryk. “I

Maine 100
article thumbnail

11 New Restaurant Concepts Reimagining Fast Food & Casual Dining

CB Insights

In 2017, the National Restaurant Association reported annual sales of $799B — close to 48% of the total amount that Americans spent on food. Vegan fast casual: By Chloe (NYC, Boston, LA, Providence, London). Community initiatives: Loom (Massachusetts). This year, Subway plans to close more than 500 locations.

article thumbnail

46 Corporations Working On Autonomous Vehicles

CB Insights

Top initiatives: First company to test self-driving tech on the streets of Singapore, and later in Boston. It then also became the first to test such technology on public streets in Boston, Massachusetts. SB Drive focuses on advancing self-driving technology, especially related to public and community services such as buses.

System 78