article thumbnail

The power of a CDFI

Independent Banker

First Southwest Bank is carving out new business models to address a need for credit and financial services through nonprofit lending programs and software that leverages its community development financial institution (CDFI) funding. The $435 million-asset community development financial institution (CDFI) in Alamosa, Colo.,

Colorado 119
article thumbnail

Pandemic Puts Retail And NRF On Front Lines Of New Surge In Cases

PYMNTS

This time around the argument has drawn the attention of the National Retail Federation ( NRF ), which is U.S.-based 10) the NRF filed a request under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act to release information related to new restrictions placed on retailers and eateries, as the state experiences a spike in COVID-19 cases.

Retail 141
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Create opportunities for new leaders

Independent Banker

I was driven by the goal of doing whatever I could do to make a difference in my community. I was inspired to deepen my engagement, better support our customers and expand our role in our community. Having that door opened to me unleashed a passion to do more to help community banks flourish. Where I’ll be this month.

article thumbnail

Another 44 Banks And Credit Unions Sign Onto Apple Pay

PYMNTS

FNB New Mexico. Pendleton Community Bank. Roanoke Valley Community Federal Credit Union. Schneider Community Credit Union. The Famers National Bank of Canfield. Health Care Family Credit Union. Heritage Federal Credit Union. Honor Credit Union. IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union. Jersey Shore State Bank.

Apple 102
article thumbnail

15 Minutes With … Jimmy Rasmussen

Independent Banker

Rasmussen: Yes, it is an honor to serve the Group 3 Banks in Texas, southern New Mexico and northern Louisiana for three more years. Finally, I focus on economic news in our markets, which include five communities south of Houston. We are staffed by 100 employees, who are very involved in their communities.

Dallas 131
article thumbnail

One SME Lender’s Take On Regulation And Transparency

PYMNTS

One of these lenders, Clearinghouse Community Development Financial Institution , better known as Clearinghouse CDFI, offers an interesting view into the state of SME finance. That focus provides insights into the direct link between lenders, their SME borrowers and the communities in which those businesses operate. A Regional Reach.

article thumbnail

Union in Va. Names Asbury Its Next CEO

American Banker

said Wednesday that John Asbury, formerly of First National Bank of Santa Fe in New Mexico, will be its next CEO. Union Bankshares in Richmond, Va.,