article thumbnail

2021’s Best Community Banks to Work For

Independent Banker

Premium benefits packages, professional development and TLC during the pandemic—this year’s winners do everything in their power to keep their community bankers happy and fulfilled. We asked both leaders and staffers to tell us what makes their community banks stand out as employers. Key Community Bank: Leading by example.

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: The power of discussion

Independent Banker

I’ll also be traveling to a series of meetings for ICBA Bancard, TCM Bank, ICBA Reinsurance and ICBA Securities, and attending the Community Bankers of West Virginia Convention. Open dialogue is important, because as a community bank, no two scenarios are exactly alike. and “How can we better meet the needs of the community?”

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Drone Delivery Makes Steady Progress

PYMNTS

And while the risk equation has not changed, pressure to address an existential threat (COVID-19) combined with a mandate for leadership has opened minds and incentivized decision makers to consider not just the risks, but also the benefits. “Society has begun to see a benefit from drones.

Virginia 168
article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: We flourish in times of change

Independent Banker

“When community bankers join their voices, they are a powerful force, taking the industry to new levels.”. I will be meeting with the Council of State Community Bank Associations and then gathering with ICBA leadership bankers at our fall meetings in West Virginia. Where I’ll be this month. Responses are due Nov.

article thumbnail

College Pays Off Hackers With $28K In Bitcoin

PYMNTS

In consultation with district and college leadership, outside cybersecurity experts and law enforcement, a payment of $28,000 was made by the district. Hackers reportedly hit the University of Virginia, the University of Central Florida, the University of Connecticut and Michigan State University, to name a few. Francisco C.

article thumbnail

Lead Like Lincoln

Jeff For Banks

Historically low interest rates and the recent poor economy highlighted the importance of leadership in community banking. In my opinion, he demonstrated three critical qualities of leadership. Bush brought attention to this key leadership quality when he declared he lacked "the vision thing." organization." organization."

article thumbnail

Vigilance Throughout

Independent Banker

Community bank compliance professionals know three things about effective compliance management: It starts at the top. leadership and staff understand the purpose of its BSA/AML efforts and how its reporting is used. leadership and staff understand the purpose of its BSA/AML efforts and how its reporting is used.