article thumbnail

The top-performing community banks of 2021

Independent Banker

Independent Banker’s annual listing top-performing community banks of 2021 alongside interviews with some of the winners. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. Bank of Montana.

article thumbnail

Freedom Bank in Montana Released from FDIC Consent Order

American Banker

has been released from a consent order that the FDIC and the Montana Division of Banking and Financial Institutions had implemented in December 2009. Freedom Bank in Columbia Falls, Mont.,

Montana 28
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Does your bank need cyber insurance?

Independent Banker

AmTrust recently worked with one community bank client that was the target of a ransomware attack that shut down its branches for two weeks. Cyber insurance today is what property insurance was 50 years ago,” notes Gregory Montana, chief risk officer at FIS. That has been the exact opposite of my experience.

Montana 152
article thumbnail

Bankers Tell Me Their Top Industry Game Changers

Jeff For Banks

I teach Bank Profitability for the Washington, Utah, and Montana Bankers'' Associations EDP programs. Washington has a more traditional mix of very large and community financial institutions. Montana has many small, closely held financial institutions. Each state has its unique flavors of banking.