Remove Arizona Remove Community Remove Community Bank Remove Marketing
article thumbnail

Community Banks Debut FinTech Alliance

PYMNTS

To that end, news came earlier this week in the United States that a dozen community and regional banks have formed a group aimed at exploring the opportunities amid FinTech offerings. Arizona, which launched a “sandbox” earlier this year, said last week that there is a new participant in that FinTech-driven initiative.

article thumbnail

At home with HOA banking

Independent Banker

Academy Bank COO Tom Kientz notes that the community bank was eager to expand its deposit and loan services. Looking for an avenue to increase its deposit base, Academy Bank tapped into a market it hadn’t explored before: homeowners associations. Academy Bank in Kansas City, Mo., Photo by Jason Tracy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Growing a mortgage portfolio: Encourage borrowers to bank local

Abrigo

With mortgage rates down in the US , many homebuyers are looking locally to their community banks to finance their new, potentially life-changing purchase. In the spirit of the go local movement, new data from Sageworks Bank Information peeked in on 10 cities to see which community banks were making an impact on local mortgage lending.

Cleveland 150
article thumbnail

A small Colorado bank's plan to fend off big SBA lenders

American Banker

Denver-based InBank will expand into Georgia and Arizona, part of a wider plan to seize market share and build what one executive called a top-tier SBA lender.

article thumbnail

Things I Wish Bankers Did Better: Project Management

Jeff For Banks

On September 17, 2021 in the Scottsdale, Arizona desert, I delivered a speech to a ballroom full of bankers titled: 5 Things I Wish We Did Better. It was well received and was recently picked up by a banking school as an elective class. I used the embedded commercial as indicative of the life span of a project at a community bank.

article thumbnail

The Bank Legacy Is Dead: Long Live the Fintech Collision

Gonzobanker

It’s been a long two years since bankers and investment bankers nationwide made their annual pilgrimage to the Arizona desert for the Acquire or Be Acquired conference – and ohhh man, a completely different world has emerged since the January 2020 get-together! and a trailblazer in the world of banking as a service (BaaS).

Fintech 167
article thumbnail

Bank Shareholder Liquidity Matters

Jeff For Banks

Annually 1,500 bankers and those that advise them gather in the Arizona desert for Bank Director's Acquire or Be Acquired (AOBA) conference. In spite of the conference name, it's not all about bank M&A, or the Hobson's Choice of hunting or being hunted. And at AOBA, Laura Hamilton of OTC Markets Group, Inc.,