article thumbnail

Lockdowns Drive Lower Revenues For ATM Owner Cardtronics

PYMNTS

The company’s adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of $63.7 Over the past few months, the Cardtronics team has continued to operate seamlessly and provided valuable, secure and convenient access to cash for citizens across the communities we serve,” West said. Introduced by U.S. Payne Jr. (D-NJ),

ATM 131
article thumbnail

Credit Issues Stalk Malls And Anchor Tenants

PYMNTS

This creates an exciting opportunity for the communities that surround these properties.”. Writing in NJ Biz, Linfante points to the mall anchors and other tenants that have already closed, expressed financial concerns or filed for bankruptcy that will lead to significant challenges will be faced by regional malls. can go on forever.”.

NJ 132
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The top-performing community banks of 2021

Independent Banker

Independent Banker’s annual listing top-performing community banks of 2021 alongside interviews with some of the winners. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. Philadelphia.

article thumbnail

Too Much on the Dollar Menu?

Jeff For Banks

I recently spoke at a NJ Bankers Association event about the things I learned this recession (see blog post regarding subject). My company does line of business and product profitability reporting for community banks. The pre-tax ROA for those peers was 0.50% for banks and 0.29% for thrifts.

NJ 60
article thumbnail

Banker Quotes: As Told To Me v5

Jeff For Banks

Since I estimate my Twitter community only reads about 10% of their tweet stream, and so many of my blog readers do not follow Twitter, below are selected quotes that I tweeted since version 4. It took US Bank two years to evict Kiss'' Ace Frehley from his house after he stopped making payments and paying taxes.

NJ 86
article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

When the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 passed, the top capital gains tax rate was lowered, providing yet another incentive for equity speculators to pour money into the fledgling internet industry. Although community banks did not lend to sub-prime borrowers in any meaningful way, did we participate? We were concerned about the panic.

FDIC 78