article thumbnail

More Security In Wake Of Mall Brawls

PYMNTS

Brawls of mostly young people reportedly broke out around malls in Fayetteville, NC, East Garden City, NY, Elizabeth, NJ, Manchester, CT, Aurora, CO, and Tempe, AZ, among others. I don’t believe it was a coordinated social media flash mob kind of thing.

Security 100
article thumbnail

Banker Quotes: As Told To Me v6

Jeff For Banks

Since I estimate my Twitter community only reads about 10% of their tweet stream, and so many of my blog readers do not follow Twitter, below are selected quotes that I tweeted since version 5. Maybe social media is happening outside of the Marketing Department. This banker does. Me: *sigh* Old habits die hard.

NJ 98
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

Although community banks did not lend to sub-prime borrowers in any meaningful way, did we participate? In many respects, community banks were caught in the cross-fire through the purchase of those mbs instruments – and subsequent trial through public sentiment. We were concerned about the panic.

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

FTC Investigates Facebook’s Privacy Practices

PYMNTS

President Donald Trump, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has launched an investigation into the social media platform’s privacy practices, the agency said in a statement. Frank Pallone (D-NJ), along with other lawmakers, said in a letter at the time.

NJ 101
article thumbnail

Congress Asks Mark Zuckerberg To Testify About Cambridge Analytica

PYMNTS

Frank Pallone (D-NJ), along with other lawmakers, said in a letter. “The hearing will examine the harvesting and sale of personal information from more than 50 million Facebook users, potentially without their notice or consent and in violation of Facebook policy,” Rep. Greg Walden (R-OR) and Rep.

NJ 109
article thumbnail

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Will Testify Before Congressional Panel

PYMNTS

Frank Pallone (D-NJ) — the panel’s top Republican and Democrat, respectively — said in a statement. The social media company said it would either be sending Mike Schroepfer, chief technology officer, or Chris Cox, chief product officer, both of which Facebook said would be “well-placed” to answer questions on the matter.

NJ 100