article thumbnail

Fat Brain Toys Navigates Pandemic With Agile Business Model

PYMNTS

The pandemic has had a strange, though mostly positive effect on the toy industry,” Mark Carson , CEO of Nebraska-based Fat Brain Toys tells PYMNTS. Traditional paid search is still the lion’s share of its marketing, but it also invests heavily in direct mail, social media and email.

Nebraska 142
article thumbnail

Employee Spotlight: Ben Pankonin

Social Assurance

He once water skied behind a tractor and attends almost every Nebraska basketball game. What made you want to start a company like Social Assurance? “ I’ve always loved seeing how community is built and defined. Figuring out how to help people become a more prominent part of our community is very rewarding to me.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Being Raised by a Banker Shaped My Education

Social Assurance

My dad has spent his career working at several banks throughout Iowa and Nebraska. Just over a decade ago, our family settled in York, Nebraska, where my dad became the CFO of a community bank. In my current role, I write creative social media content for banks and credit unions. Now a Bank Marketer.

article thumbnail

Inaugural Flyover Fintech Conference Summary

Social Assurance

Nebraska Innovation Campus. This week, the inaugural Flyover Fintech conference was held at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s Nebraska Innovation Campus. The goal of this conference was to bring together entrepreneurial innovators, financial services leaders and key policymakers to the center of everything fintech.

article thumbnail

Finovate Debuts: Hip Pocket Generates Qualified Mortgage Leads While Boosting Engagement

Fintech Labs Insights

Headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Users who learn that their rates are better than their peers, are encouraged to share their good fortune with their peers via social media. .” And with version 1.0 launched in July 2014, Hip Pocket came to San Jose this spring to debut Version 2.o o of this mortgage comparison solution.