article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Create opportunities for new leaders

Independent Banker

Leadership lies not in the position you hold but in what you do with it.”. I was driven by the goal of doing whatever I could do to make a difference in my community. I was inspired to deepen my engagement, better support our customers and expand our role in our community. Where I’ll be this month.

article thumbnail

2020 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

And how did community banks and credit unions respond to the COVID craziness? Our clients showed banking at its best – obsessed with customer well-being, good corporate citizenship, and strong community focus. Jill is continually demonstrating just how loud a $300 million community bank can roar! Bravo Brett and team!

Idaho 183
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 2019 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

Kent Oram, CEO, Idaho Central Credit Union – As evolution, revolution and occasional shareholder dilution occur across the industry, a leader in Idaho has quietly worked over the past 12 years on accumulating legendary performance. It was always clear how much Jones loves his credit union, his team and his community.

Idaho 148
article thumbnail

The 2022 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

Hats off to Thomas Shara at Lakeland and Tony Labozzetta of Provident for architecting the new $25 billion super-community bank in New Jersey. It’s hard to understand how Clobes has time in the day to drive her unlimited amount of leadership activities. Provident Financial Services, Inc. merges with Lakeland Bancorp. Bravo April!

Community 216
article thumbnail

The 2015 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

To those community bankers claiming their growing Compliance departments say no to everything. Community bank marketing resources. Two very strong and focused community banks unite to combine big bank reach with community bank style and make the bet that it can scale to $15 billion and beyond. Did we hear a whaaaa?

article thumbnail

The 2018 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

CVB Financial acquires Community Bank. There is a nice mix of the executive gene pool among these two organizations to build the future leadership team, and this deal helps CenterState gain scale as it moved past the dreaded $10 billion regulatory mark. Another example of sincerity and innovation making an impact on local communities.

Fintech 114
article thumbnail

THE 16TH ANNUAL GONZOBANKER AWARDS

Gonzobanker

Hats off to a decade of strong leadership and hard work. Kim, the executives and the boards of both organizations who put rivalry aside to gain scale in the new world of banking where differentiation matters and community can be more than geography. A Gonzo community bank being a leader and not a fast follower – that’s pretty cool!

Utah 60