article thumbnail

Apprehension Lingers Around COVID Vaccine

PYMNTS

The COVID-19 vaccine is now out for its first round of distribution among medical personnel and seniors in assisted living communities nationwide. In Houston, according to NPR reports , some medical staff are expressing wariness about actually showing up for their shots. And, from a logistical standpoint, so far, so good.

Houston 169
article thumbnail

5 New Year’s Resolutions For Any Sized Bank That You Must Get Right in 2023

South State Correspondent

The irony here is that more than half the banks we recently surveyed had some goal and metric around asset growth. Charlotte, Houston, Phoenix, New York, Austin, Denver, Orlando, Miami, and Nashville, many banks have not adjusted pricing or their credit appetite. That market share has come mainly from regional and community banks.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

15 Minutes With … Jimmy Rasmussen

Independent Banker

Rasmussen: Thirty-five of the 100 banks in my group agreed to participate in my surveys, and I receive 20 to 25 responses each month. Finally, I focus on economic news in our markets, which include five communities south of Houston. We are staffed by 100 employees, who are very involved in their communities.

Dallas 131
article thumbnail

Wegmans To Open In Brooklyn; Whole Foods Brings Eateries To 500th Store

PYMNTS

per one survey. Whole Foods Market South Region President Bobby Turner said, according to reports, “We worked hard to create a place that offers our neighbors a destination to get together, enjoy great food and connect with members of the local community through a variety of culinary, wellness and cultural events.”. Pat Carroll, M.D.,

New York 100
article thumbnail

Millennial’s Matter to Bank Marketing

Long Lasting Ideas

And at a micro level, how do community banks reach a generation overwhelmed with debt that inhibits wealth? A whopping 63 percent of millennials (ages 18 to 29) don’t have a credit card, according to a survey commissioned by Bankrate and compiled by Princeton Survey Research Associates International. Read more: [link].

article thumbnail

Who were ICBA’s Top Lenders of 2022?

Independent Banker

Last year, community bank loan producers were faced with both record-low interest rates and a glut of deposits. But as they always do, they came through for individuals and businesses in their communities with a combination of personalized service and prudent risk management practices. First Community Bank of the Heartland, Inc.

article thumbnail

Why Contextual Commerce Is The Next Big Thing

PYMNTS

This stand-alone food ordering and delivery app — now live in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C. From my informal survey, that seems to be a mixed bag – and one of Messenger’s core business challenges, commerce notwithstanding.

Branding 100