article thumbnail

Brad M. Bolton: Our greatest assets

Independent Banker

We simply need to remember what makes us special as community bankers, and with that as our foundation, we can embrace this season of change in four primary ways: 1. Demonstrating the community bank difference. That’s the community bank difference, and we should be proud to reiterate it throughout the year. My Top Three.

article thumbnail

ICBA LIVE 2023: What to expect

Independent Banker

Illustration by Maïté Franchi With educational sessions on hot‑button issues, inspirational speakers and beneficial networking opportunities, ICBA LIVE is the greatest community banking event in the country. Taking place in Honolulu from March 12–16, 2023, ICBA LIVE provides concrete benefits to community banks in three important ways: 1.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Floating The Next Big Idea For Social Commerce

PYMNTS

Since the dawn of the internet in the mid-90s, there have been some genius ideas and some completely innovative business models. New companies now aim to be used as a verb by creating an innovative way to buy goods – such as: “I floated it.”. We don’t search, we Google. We don’t shop at Amazon , we one-click.

Hawaii 141
article thumbnail

Fintech And Financial Institutions – Bridging the Gap

NCR

But technology innovators and financial institutions have worked together for generations. Most community banks and credit unions have only one app, their banking transaction app. Discoverability challenges have crippled the advance of many new fintech innovations. The average age of a credit union member in the US is 47.

Fintech 75
article thumbnail

Aloha! Tansley Stearns Sets Sail in Support of Credit Unions

Filene

No, despite my sentimental introduction, she’s not headed to Hawaii--but a place just as lovely, nonetheless. Thanks to her passion and commitment, credit unions across the country have powered up their innovation, strengthened their strategic competencies and enhanced their overall member experience. institution based in Denver.

Hawaii 53
article thumbnail

A Roadie For Everyone

PYMNTS

He further noted, “I love the way we take care of the community. After a little under a year in business the app has 300K downloads and 22K drivers nationwide, even in far flung regions like Alaska and Hawaii. “Usually, packages bounce through four trucks and then on to an airplane. We’re honestly built on neighborliness.”

Oregon 117
article thumbnail

Vacation Rental Startup Vacasa Clinches Funding

PYMNTS

We’re launching Hawaii and Montana later this year. It’s very important for us to be part of the communities that we work within,” Johnson said. “We This means a total of about 1.5 million annual guests if Vacasa were to stay the same size. But they’re growing fast — they say generally doubling year over year.

Portland 100