article thumbnail

FinTechs Take A Regional Approach To SMB COVID-19 Relief

PYMNTS

The market will be watching closely whether financial institutions (FIs) are able to address some of the biggest headaches from the first round of PPP loans, namely an influx of applications that can overwhelm lenders’ systems. The companies said their initiative is geared toward enabling community FIs a competitive edge.

Fresno 142
article thumbnail

Banking's Top 5 Total Return to Shareholders: 2023 Edition

Jeff For Banks

I chose five years because banks that focus on year over year returns tend to cut strategic investments come budget time, which hurts their market position, earnings power, and future relevance more than those that make those investments. Communities First Financial Corporation (Now FFB Bancorp) (OTCQX: FFBB) #2. The Bancorp, Inc.

Fresno 107
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Banking's Top 5 Total Return to Shareholders: 2022 Edition

Jeff For Banks

I chose five years because banks that focus on year over year returns tend to cut strategic investments come budget time, which hurts their market position, earnings power, and future relevance than those that make those investments. My method was to search for the best banks based on total return to shareholders over the past five years.

article thumbnail

ICBA’s 2021 National Community Bank Service Award winners

Independent Banker

This year’s winners: Left: Central Valley Community Bank, People’s Choice Award; Middle: Kennebec Savings Bank, Exceptional Community Bank Service Award; Right: Cross River Bank, Emerging Service Program Award. Exceptional Community Bank Service Award. Instead, we give those dollars to the community.”. Asset size: $1.36

article thumbnail

11 New Restaurant Concepts Reimagining Fast Food & Casual Dining

CB Insights

Market share is simply shifting away from big chains that haven’t successfully innovated, flowing instead to new models for creating and selling food to customers. The sophisticated food hall: North 3rd Street Market (Brooklyn). Community initiatives: Loom (Massachusetts). That’s not a new development.