article thumbnail

CFPB and DOJ announce redlining settlement

CFPB Monitor

Those MSAs were the New York City-Northern New Jersey- Long Island MSA (the “NY/NJ MSA”), the Philadelphia, PA-Camden, NJ –Wilmington, DE MSA (the “Camden MSA”), and the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT MSA (collectively, the “three Affected MSAs”). million civil money penalty to the CFPB.

NJ 60
article thumbnail

Banker Quotes: As Told To Me v5

Jeff For Banks

Since I estimate my Twitter community only reads about 10% of their tweet stream, and so many of my blog readers do not follow Twitter, below are selected quotes that I tweeted since version 4. NJ Bank Exec: We have a handful of shore loans where we not only can''t find the building, we can''t find the land. sandy Real world problems.

NJ 86
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Banker Quotes: As Told To Me v6

Jeff For Banks

Since I estimate my Twitter community only reads about 10% of their tweet stream, and so many of my blog readers do not follow Twitter, below are selected quotes that I tweeted since version 5. Compliance? NJ Banker and West Pointer Norm Beatty quotes Stonewall Jackson: "Never take counsel of your fear." Which is unfortunate.

NJ 98
article thumbnail

Who were ICBA’s Top Lenders of 2022?

Independent Banker

Last year, community bank loan producers were faced with both record-low interest rates and a glut of deposits. But as they always do, they came through for individuals and businesses in their communities with a combination of personalized service and prudent risk management practices. First Community Bank of the Heartland, Inc.

article thumbnail

When Does a Bank Need a Lawyer on Staff?

American Banker

As banks grow and their business models become more complex, some find that adding a general counsel to the staff makes sense. Bank SNB in Stillwater, Okla., says hiring one allowed it to reduce its legal fees by 80%. Here are the pros and cons.

NJ 28
article thumbnail

Investors Bancorp in N.J. Discloses Informal Agreement for BSA, AML

American Banker

Investors Bancorp in Short Hills, N.J., has joined the ranks of banks flagged by regulators for Bank Secrecy Act issues.

article thumbnail

Highlands in N.J. Bids Adieu to SBLF Program

American Banker

Highlands Bancorp in Vernon, N.J., has raised $7.5 million to exit the Small Business Lending Fund.

Lending 28