Remove Capital Remove Community Remove National Remove Pennsylvania
article thumbnail

How Can Banks Thrive in the Next Five Years?

Jeff For Banks

I know, my first job in banking in 1985 at Northeastern Bank of Pennsylvania was making microfiche. In Pennsylvania, Rocket has number 1 market share. They are/were the business owners, demanders of capital and loans, and significant depositors. And what greater meaning can they get than at a community financial institution?

article thumbnail

Widening Borrower Protection’s Scope To SMBs

PYMNTS

As online lending platforms proliferate among the SMB borrowing community, however, experts warn that a lack of regulation means these companies rarely publicly reveal interest rates and fees. On top of that, MacKrell said the government is not sufficiently enlightening the small business community about the risks of online lenders.

Lending 136
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Banking's Top 5 in Total Return to Shareholders: 2019 Edition

Jeff For Banks

Total return includes two components: capital appreciation and dividends. billion in assets community bank with 22 branches that encircle the Seattle Sound. Two weeks ago I was at Cara Mia's having a chicken parm two blocks from their headquarters in Dunmore, Pennsylvania. First Capital, Inc. Pretty impressive.

Indiana 78
article thumbnail

The 2023 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

Not the financial industry’s “Troublemakers ” – those regional and community banks, credit unions and supporting fintech entrepreneurs who continue to engage customers and communities and find niches that keep the grassroots of our country’s financial system alive and kicking. We are in awe. Seriously in awe.

Fintech 195
article thumbnail

The 2018 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

PNC made a Gonzo move with a national digital expansion in 2018 with the unique idea of building a small number of branches in target metro markets like Kansas City and Dallas. Goes to Greg Smith, retiring CEO of Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union. CVB Financial acquires Community Bank. Bank Merger of the Year.

Fintech 105