Remove Branding Remove Community Remove FDIC Remove National
article thumbnail

The Current Banking Crisis – 10 Not So Apparent Lessons

South State Correspondent

Percentage of Uninsured Deposits: At the time of failure, SVB had approximately 88% of their deposits above the FDIC-insured $250k limit and ran at 95% at the end of last year. Some form of this ratio will likely be applied to the national and regional banks, which means larger community banks will also be judged by this ratio.

article thumbnail

Fintech Deals Are Still Happening – and It’s a Good Thing

Gonzobanker

I like this bank-acquiring-fintech deal (similar to City National Bank’s August acquisition of FilmTrack and 2018 acquisition of Exactuals). million fundraise including community bank participants Bank of St. Elizabeth, Coastal Community Bank, First Financial Bank, Kearny Bank, Provident Bancorp and Sunwest Bank.

Fintech 109
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bankers and Strategic Bets. A Slow Embrace.

Jeff For Banks

That's what I thought about while reading a recent Financial Brand post about Innovation in Banking: Killer Ideas? Six years ago I asked in a blog post Will Plain Vanilla Kill Community Banking ? When I wrote that post in January 2011 there were 7,700 FDIC insured financial institutions. or Idea Killers? Was I, gulp, a futurist?

Apple 65
article thumbnail

Lack of an M&A Strategy May Leave You Dateless at the Prom

Gonzobanker

Mid-size banks are in the proverbial catbird seat – they can offer most of the products and sophistication of the top national banks combined with the service culture, community involvement, and local market knowledge of a smaller community bank. Identify M&A Partners. Conduct Due Diligence and Begin Negotiations.

article thumbnail

Top News In Payments: Elavon To Buy UK Gateway Sage Pay; Germany To Make Digital Payment Providers Open Systems To Rivals

PYMNTS

recorded its fourth bank failure this year — the first collapse of financial institutions since 2017, per Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) data. 1 when City National Bank of New Jersey closed its three branches. Resolute Bank closed on October 25 and Louisa Community Bank also shuttered on that day.

System 100