article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Stories worth telling

Independent Banker

This Community Banking Month, I invite you to try something new to spread your story. Share a new development, community project or initiative. As community bankers, we know relationships matter. I’m headed to Memphis to meet with our state and regional partners, and then I’ll be engaging with the team at CRA Partners.

article thumbnail

First Tennessee Promotes Three Execs in Mid-Atlantic Region

American Banker

First Tennessee Bank in Memphis said Tuesday that has promoted three executives in its Middle Atlantic region.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Let’s continue to push the boundaries

Independent Banker

It’s always great to be with fellow community bankers, and now, as ICBA president and CEO, our members! It could be something as simple as making a loan to a new kind of business in your community, or bringing in a new technology. at The Venture Center for our Demo Day of the ICBA ThinkTECH Accelerator, and in Memphis, Tenn.,

article thumbnail

First Tennessee Veteran Gets a Chairmanship Ahead of Retirement

American Banker

First Tennessee Bank in Memphis is giving veteran regional leader Pam Fansler an unusual retirement present: a chairmanship.

article thumbnail

First Tennessee to Invest $1 Million in Financial Education

American Banker

First Tennessee Bank in Memphis announced Wednesday that it will commit $1 million to Operation Hope’s new HOPE Fund to offer free financial literacy education in low-income communities.

article thumbnail

Excited To Help People

Independent Banker

Central Region Award Recipient. Its staff had about 40 people, many of its procedures were manual, and its competition was stiff with about five community banks as head-to-head rivals. If you don’t grow and expand your markets, then you’re going to have a harder time doing the things that community banks need to do.”.

St. Louis 105