Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove FDIC Remove National
article thumbnail

What's With Regulator Agita Over Bank Commercial Real Estate Lending?

Jeff For Banks

and New York Community Bancorp called off their planned merger. To remind readers, in 2006 the OCC, Federal Reserve, and FDIC issued joint interagency Guidance on Concentrations in Commercial Real Estate Lending. We perform this service for dozens of community banks. If you wondered why community banks feast on it, there ya go!

Lending 60
article thumbnail

Are the regulators getting you down?

Jeff For Banks

The FDIC has nearly quadrupled its enforcement actions (“EA”) over the past three years. Bay National failed on July 9th. Imagine a bank that seeks to grow organically by positioning itself as a small business expert within its communities. The stark increase in such orders has been alarming. I would vote no.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Three Small US Banks Collapse Over Past Month

PYMNTS

recorded its fourth bank failure this year — the first collapse of financial institutions since 2017, according to data from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp ( FDIC ). 1 when City National Bank of New Jersey closed its three branches with assets of about $120.6 Louisa Community Bank of Louisa, Kentucky also shuttered on Oct.

Kentucky 140
article thumbnail

The Thinker

Independent Banker

in Coldwater, Ohio, and ICBA’s incoming chairman, held fast to his community bank’s conservative lending practices. What concerned me most wasn’t that the customer was upset with me,” recalls Hartings of the homebuyers who ignored his community bank’s cautiously pragmatic approach. “I Fortunately, most did listen.

Ohio 70
article thumbnail

The Mother List of All Banking Books

Jeff For Banks

A Primer on Money, Banking, and Gold 2008 Cordelia Frances Biddle Biddle, Cordelia Frances Biddle, Jackson, and a Nation in Turmoil: The Infamous Bank War 2021 Alan S. Inside the FDIC: Thirty Years of Bank Failures, Bailouts, and Regulatory Battles 2015 Louis D. Blinder Blinder, Alan S. Giannini: Banker of America 1994 Richard X.

America 78