Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove FDIC Remove Leadership
article thumbnail

The Thinker

Independent Banker

in Coldwater, Ohio, and ICBA’s incoming chairman, held fast to his community bank’s conservative lending practices. What concerned me most wasn’t that the customer was upset with me,” recalls Hartings of the homebuyers who ignored his community bank’s cautiously pragmatic approach. “I Fortunately, most did listen. Thoughtful action.

Ohio 70
article thumbnail

Traditional Banks v. Alternative Lenders: How Goliath Can Beat David

Banking 2020

According to FDIC Data Calls as outlined in the Forbes , in the 4th Quarter of 2014, traditional banks’ commercial loan portfolios saw a 3.1% Kyle Enger, known for his thought leadership in the world of relationship banking on the West Coast said it best, “Traditional banks have to embrace digital lending in their hometowns to compete.”.

article thumbnail

The Mother List of All Banking Books

Jeff For Banks

Inside the FDIC: Thirty Years of Bank Failures, Bailouts, and Regulatory Battles 2015 Louis D. The Panic of 1907: Lessons Learned from the Market's Perfect Storm 2009 Lowell L. Giannini: The Man with the Midas Touch 2009 Edward Chancellor Chancellor, Edward Devil Take the Hindmost: A History of Financial Speculation 2000 Dr. Robert J.

America 78