article thumbnail

2016 IB Social Media Leaders

Independent Banker

Congratulations to the Top 2016 IB Social Media Leaders. Independent Banker ® magazine recognizes three community banks who have conducted creative, engaging and impactful social media campaigns. Campaign: Community Promise Month. 2016 IB Social Media Leaders is sponsored by SHAZAM.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Supports Community Entrepreneurs Amid Pandemic

PYMNTS

Quite the contrary,” says Bob Brennan, chairman of the National Expansion Council and one of the directors of a nonprofit organization called Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) based in Boston, Massachusetts. “I But what about the entrepreneurs who are still hanging onto their dreams of starting a retail business? And what is that model?

Community 148
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Stories worth telling

Independent Banker

This Community Banking Month, I invite you to try something new to spread your story. Share a new development, community project or initiative. As community bankers, we know relationships matter. Or look at our new chairman’s bank, Community Spirit Bank in Red Bay, Ala. Photo by Chris Williams.

article thumbnail

ICBA LEAD FWD Summit

Independent Banker

At this year’s ICBA LEAD FWD Summit, up-and-coming community bankers gathered from around the country to strengthen their leadership, technical banking and advocacy skills. ICBA chairman Brad Bolton showed examples of ICBA bankers on social media. Bolton welcomed LEAD FWD attendees in Fort Worth, Texas.

article thumbnail

TRENDING: How Credit Unions Give Digital The Personal Touch

PYMNTS

In the September Credit Union Tracker , PYMNTS explores the latest in the world of CUs, including friction between CUs and the ABA, the increasing importance of social media for member engagement, and how CUs are regaining their personal touch in an increasingly digital world. Deep Dive: How CUs Leverage Social Media.

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Let’s bring people together

Independent Banker

Just think about the foundation of our nation so many years ago. A crescendo of events drove actions that ultimately led to the birth of a new nation. I’ll continue to celebrate the independent spirit of community banks via digital forums and social media. Where I’ll be this month. Rebeca Romero Rainey.

article thumbnail

The ICBA 22/23 executive committee is all in

Independent Banker

Executive committee members tell us what advocacy issues they’ll be focused on during their terms, while board members share their words of wisdom for up-and-coming community bankers: themselves. To sum it up, these leaders are all in and all heart for community banking. We are not Wall Street banks—we are community banks.