article thumbnail

BankBeat names Bryan Bruns as ‘banker of the year’

ABA Community Banking

Citing his leadership in advocacy and “his thoughtful, deliberate dedication to the essence of community banking,” BankBeat magazine has named Bryan Bruns — president and CEO of Lake Central Bank in Annandale, Minnesota — as its 2024 Banker of the Year.

article thumbnail

Podcast: Giving Emerging Community Bank Talent ‘Opportunities to Shine’

ABA Community Banking

The fourth season of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast kicks off with Minnesota community bank CEO Andy Schornack. The post Podcast: Giving Emerging Community Bank Talent ‘Opportunities to Shine’ appeared first on ABA Banking Journal.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Career Growth at Perficient: “Never Waste a Day”

Perficient

They were just named a 2020 Top Workplace in Minnesota , after all!). ” Importance of BU Leadership. Great support from the Business Unit leadership, and opportunities to demonstrate my abilities were paramount factors to my growth at Perficient. KEEP READING: See more articles about Leadership at Perficient.

article thumbnail

Community Banking According to Andy

Jeff For Banks

One of my tweeps (Twitter friends), is Andy Schornack, CEO of Flagship Bank Minnesota, based in Wayzata. He exemplifies the best of next generation bank leadership, with eyes wide open to the next iteration of banking in our rapidly changing environment. I would say Andy and Flagship Bank Minnesota are Squared Away !

article thumbnail

The ICBA 22/23 executive committee is all in

Independent Banker

Executive committee members tell us what advocacy issues they’ll be focused on during their terms, while board members share their words of wisdom for up-and-coming community bankers: themselves. To sum it up, these leaders are all in and all heart for community banking. and CEO and chairman, Minnesota Lakes Bank, Delano, Minn.

article thumbnail

Aftermath: Retailers Try To Focus On Recovery

PYMNTS

Even now, Target leaders are assembling community members, partners and local officials to help identify what more we can do together and what resources are required to help families, starting right here in Minnesota.”.

Retail 131
article thumbnail

CEO Roundtable: Ideas for a successful 2023

Independent Banker

We recently spoke with community bank CEOs from across the country to gain insights on how they’re proactively positioning to manage risks and take advantage of growth opportunities in the coming year. Following some respite in 2022, community bankers are bracing for a tougher economic landscape ahead in 2023. By Beth Mattson-Teig.