article thumbnail

The power of a CDFI

Independent Banker

La Plata County commissioner Marsha Porter-Norton champions First Southwest Bank’s innovative lending. First Southwest Bank is carving out new business models to address a need for credit and financial services through nonprofit lending programs and software that leverages its community development financial institution (CDFI) funding.

Colorado 119
article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Create opportunities for new leaders

Independent Banker

I was driven by the goal of doing whatever I could do to make a difference in my community. I was inspired to deepen my engagement, better support our customers and expand our role in our community. Having that door opened to me unleashed a passion to do more to help community banks flourish. Where I’ll be this month.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Powering Protein Snacks With eCommerce And Rockfish

PYMNTS

He also partly grew up on a cattle ranch in New Mexico.) After working in research, Mendoza left his job and career to move back to New Mexico. The company has found a broad appeal for its product, from young moms to kids as well as Keto and Paleo communities. The Market.

article thumbnail

We analyzed 7 of the fastest-growing personal finance apps of all time to figure out the secrets to their success — here’s what we learned

CB Insights

Allowing users to “cut” by referring other users was an innovative idea, and it worked. Much of Mint’s early success can be tied to a very simple product innovation. New Mexico — #16 in Credit Karma searches. The more people you refer, the faster you move up. Texas — #13 in Credit Karma searches.

Tools 78