Remove Branding Remove Community Remove Dallas Remove Operations
article thumbnail

Wardrobe Expands Fashion Rental Concept With New Acquisition

PYMNTS

With its recent purchase of Dallas-based Rent My Wardrobe, it is gaining a geographic footprint in the southern U.S. I believe financial independence is the highest form of feminism, and I conceived Rent My Wardrobe as a monetization platform built around a community of women supporting each other.”. “I Reinvention, he said, is key. “We

Dallas 247
article thumbnail

Retail Pulse: 7-Eleven Tests Cashierless Tech; Staples Debuts Connect Store Concept

PYMNTS

RBS had the task of application development, food retail operations and technology connectivity, while UST Global and its partners provided the artificial intelligence (AI) solution and physical infrastructure. Staples is thinking creatively with a new store format that spotlights coworking, podcasting and community events.

Retail 143
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Makes an Effective Community Banking Board?

Jeff For Banks

And it doesn't matter if they are in Ag Supply or are the brand manager for the Dallas Cowboys. Then, as now, my working theory is that the best boards are ones that approve strategy and hold management accountable for achieving it, and effectively dispatch their duties as described by the FDIC above.

article thumbnail

What Makes an Effective Community Banking Board?

Jeff For Banks

And it doesn't matter if they are in Ag Supply or are the brand manager for the Dallas Cowboys. Then, as now, my working theory is that the best boards are ones that approve strategy and hold management accountable for achieving it, and effectively dispatch their duties as described by the FDIC above.

article thumbnail

Car Vending Machine Company Carvana Goes Up Against Wall Street

PYMNTS

The analyst community balked at longer-term questions about the company’s liquidity even though 2019 was the company’s sixth straight year of triple-digit revenue growth with over 177,000 cars delivered and just shy of $4 billion in revenue. billion, on an 82 percent increase in retail sales. New Markets. Ontario (L.A.),

Company 130
article thumbnail

Can Lime Make Consumers Feel Safer About Scooters And Bikes?

PYMNTS

Scooters are so retro that they are almost brand new. More importantly, how does one use such a thing — or even a bike — and operate it in an urban environment without falling off, getting hit and suffering injury? Bird , a company focused on e-scooters , provided more than 10 million rides in its first 12 months of operation.

article thumbnail

Why Pets Are Pulling Retail Innovation’s Leash

PYMNTS

And the idea is to take advantage of the ongoing rise of mobile commerce and social media to create, in essence, digital communities centered around pets — and not just ones that spark to life when little Fido goes missing, or plots an escape from a dog park or a particular section of the beach in the summer.

Retail 122