Remove 2006 Remove Community Remove Community Bank Remove Management
article thumbnail

Community Banking According to Andy

Jeff For Banks

8/ @Schornack It is a niche that has only grown over time and one that has shown very little net losses since we started making these loans around the U of M in 2005-2006. 9/ @Schornack Running a bank is not much different than running a small business. Basic idea is that sales to a bank are loans. Inventory are deposits.

article thumbnail

Are you diversifying your portfolio appropriately?

Abrigo

It is only natural for community banks to have loan concentrations that result from the market(s) they serve and the markets they pursue. In today’s times, a high commercial real estate (CRE) concentration is often the result of community banks pursuing opportunity in the market. Blog Bank Credit Union'

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

We Need a New Funding Strategy

Jeff For Banks

As far as community banks, I look to data gleaned from all of the banks where my firm does profitability outsourcing because we have a level of granularity that the FDIC and most readers do not have. This was similar to the tightening cycle between 2004 and 2006 when Fed Funds rose again to 5.25%-5.50%.

Strategy 101
article thumbnail

What #Banking Trend Will Have the Greatest Impact on Your Bank?

Jeff For Banks

Depositors woke up and thought "what is my bank paying me?" The Fed has paused for nearly a year now, and it was our experience in 2006-07 that bank cost of funds continued to increase as the market closed the delta between what someone could earn in a money market mutual fund and a bank account.

article thumbnail

Growing a new branch

Independent Banker

Ted Whitehurst, Providence Bank president and CEO, led the charge to open a new brick-and-mortar location of the Raleigh, N.C., community bank during the pandemic. Providence Bank chose to open a new brick-and-mortar site during the pandemic, when many other businesses were ceasing operations or shutting down altogether.

Raleigh 91
article thumbnail

Devoted to Our Mission

Independent Banker

The Bank of Glen Ullin sets itself apart from other community banks through our strong involvement in the community we serve and the personal relationships we have with our customers. Our bank team is devoted to providing the quality service to our customers, whom we know on a first-name basis. Employees: 10.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: Financial Markets & Economic Update 4Q23 by Dorothy Jaworski

Jeff For Banks

Unsurprisingly, the largest declines occurred starting monthly in March, 2006 and on a y-o-y basis in September, 2006 and continued to November, 2009. We all remember the Great Recession, which began in 2007, but the LEI knew it as early as March, 2006. The largest monthly decline took place in May, 2009 at -27.2%