article thumbnail

Community Banks Accelerate FinTech Integrations

PYMNTS

For more community banks, the latter strategy can fast-track digitization initiatives. This week’s look at the latest bank-FinTech tie-ups shows Banking-as-a-Service and other FinTech players embracing smaller regional and community banks to elevate small- to medium-sized business (SMBs) and corporate banking offerings.

article thumbnail

Bank Branch Closings Take Toll On Rural Communities 

PYMNTS

lost bank branches between 2012 and 2017, with rural areas feeling the brunt of the closures, according to research from the Federal Reserve released on Monday (Nov. Rural communities with lower incomes or a higher percentage of minorities saw the most closures, losing 1,553 bank branches in 794 counties, a decline of 14 percent.

Community 209
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Closing the Gap with a Unified Digital Banking Platform

Jack Henry

I grew up in a small town before regional or national banks were common (or even allowed). Banking was synonymous with community, and walking through the doors of my local branch to deposit my paper route earnings meant conversations with tellers and managers that I’d known – quite literally – my entire life.

article thumbnail

Increasing Digital Banking Options Put Pressure On Big Lenders To Adapt

PYMNTS

Of course, the pandemic has forced banks – like all businesses – to rethink their priorities and make adjustments to how they interface with customers.

article thumbnail

FinTechs Take A Regional Approach To SMB COVID-19 Relief

PYMNTS

Below, PYMNTS rounds up the latest solutions that FinTechs and lenders are developing to ease the PPP lending process for SMBs and FIs alike, with many initiatives focused on enabling regional and community banks to maintain a competitive edge against the biggest banks. Citizens Bank Of Edmond. Fresno First Bank.

Fresno 142
article thumbnail

Singtel, Grab Team Up To Launch Digital Bank In Singapore

PYMNTS

Singtel and Grab are looking to consolidate their powers to create a new digital bank for the people of Singapore, they announced in a press release. Reuben Lai, Senior Managing Director with Grab Financial Group, said the core of their mission has always been to “solve everyday challenges and unlock economic potential” in the region.

article thumbnail

MOXY Preps Launch Of New Community Bank With NYMBUS

PYMNTS

MOXY bank , preparing to be one of the first new community banks to launch in the U.S. in decades, has announced that it is working with technology solutions company NYMBUS to integrate its core digital banking and payment services.