Remove 2006 Remove Community Remove FDIC Remove Management
article thumbnail

We Need a New Funding Strategy

Jeff For Banks

trillion in domestic deposits, according to the FDIC's Statistics at a Glance. As far as community banks, I look to data gleaned from all of the banks where my firm does profitability outsourcing because we have a level of granularity that the FDIC and most readers do not have. Maybe it's 50 basis points.

Strategy 106
article thumbnail

Get your ducks in a row: HVCRE risk management

Abrigo

In a recent Sageworks webinar Robert Ashbaugh, senior risk management consultant at Sageworks, discusses High Volatility Commercial Real Estate (HVCRE) lending best practices. That 13% represented 80% of the losses to the FDIC insurance fund. How did we get here?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Community Banking According to Andy

Jeff For Banks

2/ @Schornack The primary asset of the organization was Flagship Bank Minnesota, a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender with two locations in the Twin Cities Metro Area. 8/ @Schornack It is a niche that has only grown over time and one that has shown very little net losses since we started making these loans around the U of M in 2005-2006.

article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

bank failures per year between 1996 and 2006, and 3.6 To you, manage your interest rate risk. Although community banks did not lend to sub-prime borrowers in any meaningful way, did we participate? Most of the more than 500 financial institutions that failed were community banks. Between 1941 and 1979, an average of 5.3

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

Devoted to Our Mission

Independent Banker

The Bank of Glen Ullin sets itself apart from other community banks through our strong involvement in the community we serve and the personal relationships we have with our customers. Our management and lenders are able to tailor products and services to best meet our customers in our primarily agricultural community.

article thumbnail

Five Challenges to Your Bank of the Future and Ideas to Overcome Them

Jeff For Banks

I recently spoke at a Financial Managers' Society (FMS) breakfast meeting on this subject and thought I would share my comments with you. In 2006, when the median asset size within my firm's profitability outsourcing service was $696 million, the operating cost per business checking account was $586 per year. no, this week!

article thumbnail

What's With Regulator Agita Over Bank Commercial Real Estate Lending?

Jeff For Banks

and New York Community Bancorp called off their planned merger. To remind readers, in 2006 the OCC, Federal Reserve, and FDIC issued joint interagency Guidance on Concentrations in Commercial Real Estate Lending. And success is the great mollifier to risk managers that wish to take away the punch bowl when the party's rockin'.

Lending 60