article thumbnail

Strava’s Journey From Fitness App To Fitness Ecosystem

PYMNTS

In some ways, Strava is a very much like any social media platform, albeit with a slightly narrower focus than most. It is getting very serious about the larger social media play and the ecosystem it hopes to build around it. Quarles is new to his job, having come on board last spring, but he is not new to social media.

article thumbnail

How Banks Can Stay More Connected Like Amazon

Gonzobanker

Deploy strategic delivery plans—aligning with strategic or tech plans —that may start with a journey-mapping exercise. Focus on digital marketing and social media , supplemented with physical outreach to drive digital , such as enhanced contact centers, bank-at-work programs, trade shows, art exhibits and other outreach.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Fleet Feet: Running Shoe Retailer Sprints With Technology

PYMNTS

Americans are exercising through the pandemic. Despite its 37 -state footprint, Werder noted that Fleet Feet thinks of itself as both a national brand and a community retailer. The retailer’s primary communications vehicle is email. And not all of the action is taking place in front of a screen, or even indoors.

article thumbnail

Cybersecurity Spring Cleaning Checklist 2023

Ublocal

Scan Your Social Media Accounts Just like with your email, take some time to go through your social media accounts and remove any that you no longer use. If you encounter any suspicious accounts on social media, take action by either blocking or removing them from your friends list.

article thumbnail

Squared Away- How It Happened

Jeff For Banks

The challenge was that it was a book designed for community financial institutions. But for this exercise, I leaned on my family. Before release, I noticed that two of my social media contacts that served financial institutions and financial technology companies penned their own tomb: Beyond Good. Very niche.

article thumbnail

The Current Banking Crisis – 10 Not So Apparent Lessons

South State Correspondent

Some form of this ratio will likely be applied to the national and regional banks, which means larger community banks will also be judged by this ratio. 8) Deposit Impact of Social Media: SVB’s customer base and followers were highly active on Twitter and other social media properties.

article thumbnail

10 Data-Driven Ideas To Increase Branch Engagement

South State Correspondent

Take the time and effort to explain the backgrounds of the bankers, both personal and professional, and invite the community to establish a relationship. The average community bank may have 30% to 50% on mobile, while the national banks are closer to 80%. The goal is to create energy and engagement.

Data 195